1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Fight back aggressively.
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next?
I had one from the last year that I sort of kept. I made one for this year.
3. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Dec 31st (the year was finally ending)
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hahaha, the thesis. Yes.
5. What was your biggest failure?
6. Did you suffer illness?
Yes, it kind of sucked.
7. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Quoting (and agreeing wistfully with) Subbu, ‘Readers who don’t leave any comments.’
8. Where did most of your money go?
Travel, Parental trip, My hospital bills. Le sigh.
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Parental visit. NYC. California. Roger Federer. Graduate degree. Daisy and Pills visiting.
10. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Fun’s We are Young? Only because of NYC. Also, the Houdini song. Did that come out in 2012? The entire year is a blur.
11. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Happier. Last year sucked.
12. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I’d spent more time with my parents instead of having to work. I also wish I’d spent more time working in general.
13. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I’d done less of illness.
14. Did you fall in love in 2012?
A love-free year, apparently.
15. What/Who was your greatest musical discovery?
I think I forgot to listen to music in 2012.
16. What did you want and get?
I wanted success and happiness and chocolate. Got tiny bits of all of them, I guess.
17. What did you want and not get?
I wanted success and happiness and chocolate. Got only tiny bits of them all, I guess.
18. What was your favourite film of this year?
Life of Pi. Saatai.
19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My best lab-mate baked me a rum cake and bought me a diet coke. The lab threw me a surprise. It was extremely sweet and I was very awkward. I turned 24.
20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
21. What kept you sane?
BFFs. Mom. Workload.
22. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
1. Protect yourself. 2. Love and friendship can heal anything. 3. Science is weird and I am afraid of it. 4. Don’t add milk to things in which you’ve substituted yogurt for eggs. The whole thing is just disgusting afterwards.
23. Which new places did you visit in 2012?
NYC. Northern California. A neurosurgeon’s office.
24. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year –
25. Tag some bloggers you would love to read these answers from.
Let’s see. Chowmein, because I know she had a fabulous year and her answers will win. Power Awesome Electronics and Astrodominie, so I can find out how their years were. The Zar’s, because I can. And Light Tight Mind, because I want her to write for me.
Until next time, keep singing 🙂